Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Jane Eve

Jane Eve

So for those that know me (which is probably the majority of you reading this blog): I love music. Music is one of the few things that the majority of people on this earth have in common. Sometimes music can just say it better, sometimes music can just show it better, and sometimes it can just help us take a step back for a minute and help us change our perspective… You are probably wondering what this has to do with Jane - well it’s important for me to translate my and Jen’s love of music to her, I mean music has been more a part of who Jen and I are than almost anything and it’s important for us to make sure Jane has music around her.

So, one thing our parents didn’t have in the delivery room was the ability to bring in a cassette tape player - or I’m sure I would have been born to Smokey Mountain Rain or Tennessee River, but I wasn’t. I was just born to silence and odd noises. I love that with technology where it is today we can bring an iPod into the delivery room and have our own personal soundtracks.

Below is a copy of the playlist that we will be playing for Jane’s arrival… Now I do have to say that not all of the songs are directly related to Jane only; they are a combination of songs that have changed my life, Jen’s life, and our lives together. So feel free to check out the list, and even check out the songs if you have never heard of them… there are some good ones on here! ☺

I’ve always said my music collection is slower than most… it’s evident below….
About 24 hours to go, and we are excited!
-Ryan

Jane’s Delivery Room Playlist
1. One Day Like This – Elbow
2. Thank You Too – My Morning Jacket
3. As – Stevie Wonder
4. Save Room – John Legend
5. Make You Feel My Love – Adele
6. And I Love Her – The Beatles
7. Weather to Fly – Elbow
8. Why was I Born? - Billie Holiday
9. First Day of My Life – Bright Eyes
10. The Bones of You – Elbow
11. Sometime Around Midnight – The Airborne Toxic Event
12. You Are the Best Thing – Ray Lamontagne
13. The Very Thought of You – Frank Sinatra
14. Extraordinary Machine – Fiona Apple
15. Mykonos – Fleet Foxes
16. She’s Got A Way - Billy Joel
17. You are My Face – Wilco
18. Hallelujah – Jeff Buckley
19. I Can Hold You In My Arms Tonight
20. The Blower’s Daughter – Damien Rice
21. Something You Got – Harry Connick, Jr.
22. Silver Lining – Rilo Kiley
23. Wonderwall – Ryan Adams
24. I’m Amazed - My Morning Jacket
25. Evergreen – Ryan Adams & The Cardinals
26. Run – Snow Patrol
27. Family Tree – TV on the Radio
28. What Light – Wilco

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with everything tomorrow. I cannot wait to see my new cousin.

    ReplyDelete