Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Week 27 - An English Hothouse Cucumber

So I have a quick question before I start this new update....Why do the "baby" sites always compare the baby to a fruit or vegetable so that you can get an idea of how big the baby is...

This week it looks like we are growing a cucumber. So I googled some pics of English Hothouse Cucumbers and again they look nothing like a baby. Now is the vegetable supposed to tell us how big the baby is? I don't know about you but I have seen small cucumbers and large cucumbers and neither of them ever reminded me of a baby... Any who maybes its because I don't enjoy fruit and vegetables that much as it is, that I am completely confused by the baby comparisons to them...

OK now that I am done with that its time for some real updates:

Jen is doing well still, we had a fantastic weekend meeting a lot of the family in Washington which I truly enjoyed. Jane is going to have an amazing extended family and we are super lucky for that. Jen hung in there good and only had to use ice a few times, but she can't wait to have Jane so that she can get back to her RA medicine! I can't wait either since its a bit tough sometimes seeing her in pain and pregnant and not being able to do anything about it.

We have also spent a bit of time thinking about what kind of fun we are going to have with Jane, and since she is due in October (by C-section, which the doctor is recommending) we began brainstorming on Halloween costumes that we can dress her up in. Hey until she is old enough to decide for herself we will use this holiday as a form of entertainment for us... Some of the ideas we have so far are below and I encourage any of you to let us know of any others!

Jane and Co. Halloween Costume Ideas:

1. Siegfried AND Roy, Jen and I will dress up as white tigers
2. A cop, Jen and I will be the prisoners
3. A Pirate Captain, Jen and I will be just regular pirates...(baby's in eye patches...that's funny)
4. Lion Tamer, Jen and I will be lions

Please let us know if you have any costume ideas and make sure they are funny ;)

Other than that, all is well on our end and we are getting more and more excited everyday. We are both gaining weight still, her more than I thank god and we can't wait to see what this little girl that we created is gonna be all about...

I'm secretly hoping that shes a stand up comic, we can dream can't we?

3 comments:

  1. What if you and Jen dress up as Mario and Luigi and dress Jane up as one of those magical mushrooms??

    I dunno.

    Sorry if that's gay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, maybe you should all dress up as vegetables? Then you could go as a salad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, just found this blog as I too was trying to figure out what an english hot house cucumber looks like. check out http://ben-morin.blogspot.com/ and I think you will find a somewhat kindred spirit good sir.

    ReplyDelete