Monday, June 29, 2009

Week 25 - Mother is ready!


So here we are, progressing into this crazy thing called parenthood. This week we received a good test as to if we are ready for Jane Ellen or not...guess what, we are! (Jen = slightly more than I) ;)

Jen's friends and their wonderful 2 month old stayed over at our place this past week. It was great having little Jack around and to really take note that babies at that age basically just eat, sleep, and dirty up diapers... it's wonderful... sounds slightly like my dream life! I also learned that babies like guitar. I think this little secret will help us immensely when it comes to getting lil Jane to stop crying... or to at least entertain myself while she is.

The question came up this weekend, "So Ryan would you like to change Jack's diaper, it would be good for you to get some practice." Normally I would jump at the opportunity to change the lil guy's diaper but then my practical mind came into play... I responded with a polite "No, thank you" and let them know that the reason is this: I have never changed a diaper in my life, and I am actually holding out for Jane. I think our daughter should be the first diaper I change... I made it this far why not wait a little longer? Plus, I'm pretty sure I will get enough practice at it since I noticed that the diaper changing happens about, oh, 4-100 times per day...

Mother is doing well, keeping herself busy and not resting enough is starting to become a habit... Her RA flares up here and there, but overall she is a trooper and doesn't complain at all, although the "What are we eating next?" meal planning is getting intense. All meals need to be planned out at the beginning of each day, otherwise she can't focus on anything else until the planning is done. Another example as to why I need to plan all workouts to coincide with all meals...

Other than that, Jane is supposedly the size of an average rutabaga; which would mean so much more to me if I have actually ever seen one, or knew what it was. It sounds like a late model Chevy. I googled and it's a turnip... I am still puzzled... maybe I'll have it figured out by the next time I write an update.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment